The day before your tan…
- Remove any unwanted hair the day before to allow your pores time to close otherwise you will risk your tan having a spotty appearance.
- The smoother your skin, the better your tan!
- Ensure you have gently exfoliated to remove any remaining tan and flaking or dead skin cells to reveal the ultimate smooth base for the most even, streak free results
- Pay particular attention to dry areas such as elbows, knees and feet
- Moisturise your whole body using an oil free moisturiser
On the day of your tan…
- DO NOT apply any deodorant, perfume or body lotion as these products act as a barrier on your skin and will stop the spray tan from developing properly
- Remove all of your makeup before having your spray tan done as again this will cause a barrier on your skin and give uneven results
- Our custom designed changing area is fully stocked with products including make up remover and oil free moisturisers to apply to dry areas to help avoid the tell tale signs of tanning
How to look after your tan
With the right aftercare, you can expect your tan to last 5-7 days.
- Allow your tan to dry for around 5 minutes before getting dressed
- Wear loose, dark clothing to avoid rubbing the spray tan and affecting results
- Do not apply any skincare or body products during the development time as these can react with the spray tan, turning it green!
- Don’t go to the gym, swimming or use a sauna during the development time as this will affect the tan results
- Each of our products varies in development time so your therapist will advise you how long to leave the tan before washing off the guide colour to reveal your perfect new tan
- Stay in the shower until the water runs clear to prevent any excess guide colour rubbing onto your clothes
- Do not rub your skin after washing, pat dry to help your tan to last longer
- Take care when exercising as friction and swear can cause your tan to fade unevenly
Maintaining your golden glow
- Drink lots of water and moisturise daily to keep your skin hydrated and help maintain your tan for longer
- Gently exfoliate your skin around 5 days after your spray tan, avoid scrubbing the skin as this can cause the tan to fade prematurely
- Exfoliate every 2 to 3 days after this to ensure an even fade and to prepare your skin your next tanning treatment
Products In Store
We stock a full range of products for you to use at home to both maintain, top up or recreate your Tan MRKT glow! Some of our favourites include..
Fake Bake 'Body Polish' is the essential first step to flawless skin, buffing away your dead skin cells for a smooth, perfect base for your Tan MRKT treatment. Xen Tan 'Scent Secure' body moisturiser works wonders after your spray tan to keep your skin soft and supple, ensuring your tan looks better for longer!. St Tropez 'Classic Tan Booster' can be used to prolong both natural and spray tan's..extending your glow for up to 3 days.